CERTIFICATE IN PHLEBOTOMY
The Phlebotomy is an integral part of modern day health care system, making the required knowledge of the procedure and its associated steps, a very significant tool for all the medical office team members. This dynamic workshop program on Phlebotomy is aimed to dispense the knowledge of the procedure and skills necessary to draw blood and other specimens and other associated steps involved in medical settings, using proper techniques and universal precautions.
This program will be including two main parts of Theory and Simulation Practicum of Phlebotomy.
The objective of the Phlebotomy Certificate Program at Springfield College is to learn the fundamentals and essentials of phlebotomy as the procedure relates to patient care. Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
• Explain basic anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system.
• Define “standard precautions” related with blood collection and handling.
• Practice the use of medical terminology relating to the circulatory system.
• List methods of client and specimen identification.
• List the different colors used to code blood specimens and what they stand for.
• Demonstrate how to dispense blood into tubes following syringe collection.
• Outline post-puncture care of the client.
• List potential pre-analytical sources of specimen error.
Practicum students practice the blood and specimen collection and handling skills learned in theory class. They practice on simulation arms with non-blood specimen collection procedure. They receive instruction on how to prepare the blood collection site, how to choose the proper collection tools, post-puncture care, and, processing and management of collected samples.
Leading provider of Healthcare programs in GTA
A small group of 5-7 students only, for personalized attention and better learning experience
Certificate of Phlebotomy given on same day of completion of program
Experienced medical faculties and staff dedicated to help students throughout the course with tutoring and mentoring
Lots of practical knowledge and experience related to blood samplings and various techniques.
Emphasis on one-to-one support
Excellent response from the past and present students regarding training and program.
Some of the Students' Feedback
Online Certificate Program also available
OTHER PHLEBOTOMY COURSES AVAILABLE
Contact at 905-216-1600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for customized schedule for weekend, weekdays and evening courses.